If you own a Jeep Wrangler, there’s a good chance you appreciate customization. As one of the most customizable vehicles, every detail can be personalized. Why stop at the license plate?
You want to choose something that represents you. Whether it’s your name, nickname, favorite topic, or an inside joke, it should represent what you care about or are interested in. Have fun with it!
Private license plates are a fun and cool way for Jeep owners to add a special dash of personalization to their vehicles. Whether or not they go in for a fully lifted, customized Jeep or not; everyone can enjoy the benefits of a license plate swap. Time to brainstorm some ideas.
Why Add A Personalized Plate?
If you’re still wondering if you want to add a custom license plate or not, then consider this:
- Personalized license plates will help you stand out from the crowd. Everyone can use a plain old license plate, and that’s ok, but wouldn’t it be more fun to have something that pops?
- It’s a statement. Now don’t get me wrong, owning a Jeep Wrangler is already a statement in itself. But that can all be taken to the next level if you add a personalized license plate. That way when you’re cruising down the road with the roof off or mudding on some trails everyone will know exactly what you’re about.
- Communicate with your fellow Jeep owners. Jeep owners stick together. If you’re in the know then it’s important to communicate with your fellow Jeep owners either verbally, or in this case, non-verbally. Let them know what you’re about by sending a message with your license plate.
Now the list could go on and on. But if you’re reading this then I think you’re ready to take things to the next level. So where to begin? It’s not always easy to decide on a custom design. Trying to determine the perfect plate idea can be a frustrating process. But don’t worry, continue on for some helpful tips to get the creativity flowing.
Things To Consider When Personalizing A License Plate
In order to come up with the very best personalized license plate design, there are some key things to keep in mind. These will help you come up with a design that sets you apart and conveys the message you’re trying to express.
- First things First: Your Personalized License plate needs to be clear, concise, and bold in order to have the desired effect. Keep it simple. Overloading the plate with too much information will make it hard to read and decipher. The key is to find the best way to express what you want while still adhering the next guideline.
- Make it readable. Certain color combinations or fonts will make it very difficult to read. As will patterns or images that intersect with the letters. Be careful because sometimes it may be fine up close but unreadable from afar.
- Consider the desired effect. Think about what you want people to get from your license plate. What is its purpose? Are you planning to advertise, entertain, or simply express yourself? The answer to this question may help drive your idea as to what this license plate should be.
- The design itself. If you are artistically inclined then you more than likely are planning on designing the license plate yourself. However, if this is not the case, you can consult a professional to help you perfect your ideas. Simply jot down any idea that comes to mind on a piece of paper and discuss them with the designer.
In addition to these key points to consider when setting out to customize your license plate, there are several other important details to keep in mind.
Personalized License Plate Guidelines
A standard-issue customized license plate has a character limit of 5 to 7. The number of characters depends on the size of your car. Jeeps are typically large automobiles so you should have up to 7 characters to work with.
Naturally you should avoid any offensive or vulgar language. This could potentially lead to legal trouble.
Your license plate may contain a combination of numbers, letters, hyphens, and spaces. Additionally, you can alter the plate’s background and add items like animals or other images.
The validity of your license plate can be verified online. Simply type in the desired plate name on your motor vehicle site. Remember that if your license plate isn’t 100 percent unique, it will be rejected and added to the list of forbidden codes.
Personalized License Plate Ideas
Now the fun part! Let’s consider some topics that you could use as a basis to come up with your license plate design.
- Your name
The most clear way to express oneself. If you really want people to know who you are and what you’re about, just slap your name on your plate. That way there will be no doubt who is driving around in that beautiful personalized Jeep Wrangler.
This is in the same realm as your actual name of course, except a bit more exclusive. This way only close friends, relatives, or those who share this name with will know who is behind the wheel.
- Inside Joke
In the same vein as the nickname, you could use some kind of inside joke. This could be a topic, quote, idea, or concept that only you and maybe a few others understand. Or it could be something that is an inside joke with many others on the internet. As long as it is not offensive in any way, this can be a fun idea to play with.
- Catch Phrase
Whether you have your very own catch phrase you’re known by or just have one you’re a big fan of, consider the possibility of putting something like that on your plate.
Personalized License plates are a fun and interesting way to add a little extra flair to your Jeep Wrangler. Take some time to consider what it is you’d like to express with your design, then brainstorm some fun ideas before settling on one. As long as it’s unique, personal, and inoffensive, you’re well on your way to adding a special new customization to your Jeep Wrangler.